Tan with Kare
Options Salon & Spa is proud to offer the TAN with KARE spray tanning system. Our Certified Tanning Specialists can create that perfect sun-kissed look using this botanical spray tan. Your tan will be customized as light or as dark as you want, and gives the skin a natural looking tan that is not orange or streaky. This is a healthy alternative to tanning that will last 1-2 weeks depending on the individual and at-home care.
PRE Spray Tan Kare
- Exfoliate, shave and DO NOT moisturize the day of your tan.
- Wear loose, dark slip on clothes and shoes. NO tight clothing, jeans, socks, etc.
- Workout, wax, and receive any other spa service before you tan.
- Consider wearing a strapless bra if appropriate (during tan or to wear after tan so there are no marks left on your shoulders from putting a bra back on while the tan is drying).
- Do not wear makeup or deodorant at time of spray tan.
POST Spray Tan Kare
- Remain dry for 8-12 hours, face and hands included.
- Take short, warm showers.
- Use unscented soaps and moisturizers.
- We recommend Pure Enchantment Unscented Lotion and Castile Olive Oil Soap
- Soaps with a high PH will fade your tan quickly. These include Safeguard, Coast, Irish Spring, Dial, etc.
- Pat skin dry - DON'T rub.
- Moisturize 1-2 times a day.
- Perfume and Cologne should go on clothing or the back of your hairline.
- Chlorine or prolonged time in water will fade your tan more quickly.
- Experiment to find the right gradual self tanner to compliment your spray tan/skin and lengthen your tan. (ex. Jergens, L'oreal, etc)
- Remember a Spray Tan is "paint" on the skin, so choose your activity wisely.
- SASSY "Touch-Up Spray" is available for purchase and is great for body touchups - chest, crook of arms, etc.
What to wear during your Tan
You will be in a private room with only your Certified Spray Tanning Specialist. You can wear an old or dark colored bathing suit, underwear and/or bra, or nothing at all. Remember, our Specialists are professionals, there is no need to be nervous about receiving this service. Bodies come in different shapes and sizes and your Specialist is looking to ensure the tan is applied evenly.